Rockwood Memorial Day Parade Details
Please make sure your student does the following before heading to Chapman:
** Please let Mr. Brockington or Diane Lawrence know if you can walk in the parade providing water to students. We need about 4-5 adults to help. **
* 8:30-9:00AM - Get Instrument from Carlson Band Room.
* 9:15am - Meet at Chapman Elementary School (on Olmsted) for Warm-Up.
* 10am - Parade Starts.
* 11am - Parade ends and the band sets up and plays for Memorial Service by the flag in Mercure Park.
* 12:15 pm - Band dismissed - Pick up student at Mercure Park in Rockwood.
* Khaki or Jean Shorts.
* Blue t-shirt (Carlson/Shumate apparel).
* Real Shoes (tennis - NO flip flops or sandals) - otherwise your feet will hurt.
* Leaves Chapman Elementary and goes down Olmsted heading to Huron River Rd.
* Turns left on Huron River Rd and goes under I-75 heading to Fort Rd.
* Turns left onto Fort Rd and goes to Mercure park, which is on the right side just before the Rockwood Community Center.
* Flag and Memorial service is by the flags in Mercure Park, Rockwood.
We Are The Music Makers, And We Are The Dreamers of Dreams
Mercure Park, Rockwood MI Location
Chapman Elementary School Location